Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2014: My Year of Learning



Happy New Year everyone!! New Year's Eve is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. Why's that? Well, it's the only holiday that asks of no superficial gift-giving, involves reminiscing AND looking into the future and includes popping open a bottle of bubbly. What's not to love? Best of all, you get a chance to say goodbye to the previous year (think about all the good parts of it and brush off any of the negatives as bygones) and say hello to a new year full of endless potential.

I don't make resolutions, per say, but I always like to make a list of things that I'm planning/hoping for in my personal life for the year. In 2013, I started learning new things, but this year, I'm really going to dive in!

This year, 2014, will be my year of learning. Now that I've gotten a few pieces of paper called diplomas and what most call a "higher" education, you might think that I've had enough of educating myself. Just the opposite. I think now that I have been freed into the world of "real experiences," I can finally take on learning new things because I want to and not because my professors are breathing down my neck.

My goals are to learn new things that make me smile, make me happy, have me thinking intelligently to solve problems, or have me trying new things for the pure experience of trying something new.

I hope to learn more of the following things this year:

  1. more coding (JavaScript mostly)
  2. how to create an App
  3. UK botany and wildlife
  4. UK endangered species and habitat surveying techniques
  5. guitar (let's see if I can finally make this happen!)
  6. how to drive in the UK (yes, I'm back to taking drivers tests)
  7. Publishing a manuscript in a scientific journal
  8. change management and project management skills

Anything else you think I should add to the list? What will you be learning this year?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want the world to know a great man that is well known as DR.WEALTHY,he has the perfect solution to relationship issues and marriage problems. The main reason why i went to DR.WEALTHY was for solution on how i can get my husband back because in recent times i have read some testimonies on the internet which some people has written about DR.WEALTHY and i was so pleased and i decided to seek for assistance from him on his email (wealthylovespell@gmail.com) which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my husband which made him to come back to me and beg for forgiveness.I will not stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing. I will drop his contact for the usefulness of those that needs his help.His Email DR.WEALTHY"CONTACT via EMAIL: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348105150446 read blog http://wealthyspellhome.over-blog.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is (Brigitte Junga) I want to testify how I got cured of the (Herpes) Virus. A few months back I had some symptoms. I went to see a doctor and many blood tests were done on me, later on, I was told I had (Herpes). My doctor told me that there's no cure for (Herpes) I felt bad, so I went online searching for a possible cure for (Herpes Virus), I saw a post by Dr. Olta a herbal doctor that's helping people get cured of (HIV)-(HEPATITIS-B)-(CANCER) e.t.c. I contacted him and told him how I was feeling he said his herbal medicine could cure me. He sent me the medicine via Courier Service and I received the medicine some days after he sent it, I took the medicine as prescribed by him. Before the completion of the medication, the symptoms stopped. I went to the doctor and carried out another blood test, surprisingly I was Negative. I haven't had any symptoms anymore. Dr.Olta is great. You can contact him at this Email (oltaspellcaster@live.com / WhatsApp: +2348023063326)...