Monday, January 25, 2010

Beautiful Weekend


Yes, yes, I know I still haven't shown you any pictures from the Everglades yet. My experience thus far has been absolutely amazing and I get excited about each new morning. But in the meantime, let me show you some photos from this past weekend (mostly from Sunday) during my explorations of Delray Beach area. The weather was perfect, approximately 80 degrees, overcast with big puffy clouds, a gusty wind blowing through, and the windows wide open. I decided to ride my bike to the beach (which is only about a quarter mile away!!) and see what there was to see. Well, I chained my bike at the beginning of the public beach and started walking south. The wave sets were crumbly and quick, but there were still a good number of people on the beach, boys trying to surf the gnarly waves, and some really fantastic kite boarders. I hiked about a mile down the beach to check out the kite boarders. Check out my pictures:

Portuguese Man-o-war (click this link to learn more about these potentially deadly, yet infinitely beautiful creatures. They were washed up all over the shores. I had fun trying to dodge them on my run back)

Beach catamarans (aka. beach cats...meow!)

Check out this guy jumping!! Click on the picture to see a larger version of it to get a good idea of how awesome this looks! My camera lens was starting to get a little blurry at this point from all the sea spray coming off the ocean.


I hope you had a wonderful weekend too! Do anything fun? Feel free to share some of your photos with me too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7T3lJ3dZ4

Unknown said...

Thank you Anonymous. I really love that song! I'm not sure how it pertains to this post, but I really appreciate you linking to it. It's very touching. Who are you?